"Fun Football" is the term given to informal organised football activity with the emphasis on a ‘turn up and play’ and ‘skill development through creative football practice’. Fun Football is a joint initiative between the FAW, the Welsh Football Trust and national team sponsor, Vauxhall, aimed at the development and growth of community football throughout Wales. The term "fun football" is recognised by UEFA (The European Governing body of football) and is endorsed as a grass roots development initiative.
Vauxhall are committed to supporting football from the grassroots through to the National senior team and believe that it is vitally important for the future of the game in Wales that we support the young talent with such opportunities.
The Vauxhall Fun Football programme was introduced to provide local authorities, clubs and private organisations with a benchmark scheme for the delivery of curricular and extracurricular activities within the boundaries of each local authority.
The main aim of the programme is to ensure that clubs and private organisations deliver a quality assured football programme to junior players.
Why should my organisation achieve accreditation?
There will be a number of benefits associated with becoming an accredited Fun Football provider including the following:
- Participating organisations image will be greatly improved and provide a better environment for players and coaches.
- Organisations will receive a resource pack to assist with achieving accreditation and running their organisation.
- Organisations will receive a free FAW ‘Leading Football’ interactive resource, including over 100 practical activities.
- Accredited organisations will have the use of a charter mark logo for marketing material to promote their scheme.
- Opportunity to deliver a Vauxhall Summer Soccer Camp bringing increased revenue into your organisation.