The FAW Trust is hiring a Football Development Manager (Club Accreditation Support and Compliance)
Here's a great opportunity to join the Welsh football family
Job Title Football Development Manager (Club Accreditation Support and Compliance)
Hours of Work Full Time
Contractual Status Permanent – subject to probationary period
Salary Competitive (plus benefit package)
Location West Wales and Gwent
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales.
We are seeking to appoint a strategic and systematic thinker who can develop new approaches to
support the National delivery and expansion of Club Accreditation and Compliance streams of work.
This person will have exemplary attention to detail and will work as part of a team in a specific
geographical region (West Wales / Gwent) and support the leader of a newly restructured department
that is responsible for delivering the Trust’s strategic mission to ‘grow the game and raise football
standards’ across Wales. The FAW Trust has its busy Head Office based at Dragon Park, Newport.
The FAW Trust’s Mission under the 2015 to 2020 Welsh Football Strategy is to Grow the Game and
Supporting the Head of Football Development, the position will play a key role in delivering the key
strategic outcome of Transforming Communities through football for all and high level targets of: -
1. 50% of children playing football once per week;
2. 30% of children playing football twice per week;
3. 20,000 registered female players by 2024.
Purpose of the Job
To produce and implement Local Facilities and Regional Development Plans within an Area of Wales
and to have national strategic lead responsibility for Club Accreditation Support and Compliance.
• Exemplary attention to detail. Proven structural and process management experience.
• Strategic planning including experience of interpreting data and research insight.
• Creative thinker who can shape strategies into tactical solutions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be creative within a complex set of structures whilst maintaining 100% compliance to
process, procedures and protocols.
• Ability to inspire and get the best out of people.
• Proven stakeholder and partnership influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to take
stakeholders with you on a journey.
• Highly motivated, resilient, self-directed and robust.
• Creative and innovative thinking and problem solving.
• Proven experience of workforce (professional and/or voluntary) deployment and development.
• Experience of budget development, management and control.
• Modern IT competencies.
• Spoken and written Welsh are desirable.
• Willingness to work flexibly and unsociable hours.
• Full, clean driving licence.
• Enhanced CRB disclosure.
Preferably educated to degree level with ideally further professional expertise in the areas of strategy,
compliance and sports development. Experience within a ‘compliance’ environment is advantageous.
A sound understanding of football structures and the wider sporting and political landscape, ideally in
a Welsh context.
Generic responsibilities in an Area of Wales
• Producing, challenging and driving successful implementation of local facilities and regional
development plans based on local needs and challenges through consultation with key partners.
• Managing tactical approaches and overseeing operational delivery through local agents and
experts by identifying workforce needs.
• Fostering cross functional collaboration with other FAW and Trust teams to support the delivery
of shared goals and objectives.
• Establishing and developing positive relationships with stakeholders and partners essential for
the successful implementation of regional investment and development plans.
• Supporting budget development, management and monitoring relating to team priorities and
• An Area Association point of contact managing local and regional advocacy and communication.
• Providing technical advice on strategic priorities with guidance from strategic leads.
• Providing support to a Team member through a formal buddy system.
Responsibilities and accountabilities for strategic lead responsibility for Club Accreditation Support and
• Developing and overseeing Compliance administration processes for the Club Accreditation
programme across all areas of Wales.
• Aligning Club Accreditation & Compliance to business support and club growth programmes.
• Managing the interface with the FAW and Compliance Department to feed into, influence and
deliver shared goals for Club Accreditation.
• Leading National Strategic Club and League communications for Club Accreditation.
• Identifying workforce requirements and development needs for Club Accreditation, Business
Support and Growth programmes.
• Advising Team members on tactical approaches for Club Support and Accreditation.
• Liaising with the Club Support Network Group and agreeing priorities and initiatives for both Club
Accreditation and Club Growth and Business Support.
• Providing support to the strategic lead for Club Growth and Business Support as required.
Role specific Requirements
• Essential car user – significant travel will be required with this role.
• A company car will not be provided to support this role.
• Willingness to work unsociable hours from time to time as and when required.
This job description covers the main duties of the post holder. From time to time, other duties may be
required, commensurate with the grade of the post and the needs of the organisation.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this role please ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria
and then complete this application form, save it and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We require you to submit a copy of your latest CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability
for the role. Please also complete the “Equal Opportunities in Employment” form.
Please advise specific details of your current salary and remuneration package.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Monday 15th January 2018. No late applications will be considered.
The recruitment process will take the form of an assessment centre. This centre will take place on 19th January 2018.
Before submitting an application, please ensure that you are available on this date as no alternative dates are available.
FAW Trust, Dragon Park, Newport International Sports Village, Newport, NP19 4RA
T: 01633 282911 E: email@example.com www.welshfootballtrust.org.uk
The Welsh Football Trust is committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults and follows the
recruitment guidelines of the FAW’s Welfare Policy. Successful candidates will be subject to an
enhanced DBS Disclosure before their appointment is confirmed.
This post is supported by:
The Football Association of Wales