There are specific officers dedicated to the development of Women & Girls Football they are Women’s Coaching Coordinators and Inclusion Officers. Below is a brief outline of their specific roles in relation to the female game.
• Mentor & Support Female National, Regional and Performance Centre Players
• Recruit & Develop Female Coaches
• Coordinate Female Game Coaching Workshops
• Mentor & Support Female Coaches attending UEFA Licence Courses
Players are identified through Player Observers within the Girls Leagues and are then nominated to attend Performance/ Development Centres.
From the Centres players are then selected to attend Regional Squads.
• Coordination of Area Association girls’ football programme – club, league and female only coach education
• Development of initiatives to increase female participation – school, club and turn up and play
• Promote female participation via inclusive initiatives and by supporting the development of new and existing competition structures;