Job Title: FAW First Aid Award Tutor
Reports To: Coach Education Level One Manager
Salary: £75 per course plus expenses
The Football Association of Wales is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grassroots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International squads.
The FAW is seeking to recruit a number of tutors to deliver the FAW First Aid Award throughout Wales.
The successful candidates will be integral in delivering our FAW First Aid Award which looks to educate candidates around an awareness of first aid techniques within a football environment and supporting key basic life support information for a range of stakeholders including coaches.
The FAW First Aid Award consists of a three hour workshop to be delivered in a face to face environment with additional resources available online via a participant’s online profile.
* To prepare and deliver the FAW First Aid Award
* Complete course attendance lists and ensure signposting to www.fawcourses.com to complete online feedback module.
* Complete relevant financial and expenses documents relating to course administration and delivery
* Ensure a dynamic delivery of the FAW First Aid Award
* Promote the FAW Coach Education pathway
* Use up to date delivery methods
* Understanding and awareness of sports injuries and the effect on performance.
* Holds, or is prepared to undertake the FAW First Aid Award (Essential)
* Is prepared to undertake FAW Coach Education, Online database training (Essential)
* Educated in First Aid to recognised FAW Standard.
* Education or tutoring experience (Essential)
* Excellent communication skills (Essential)
* ICT skills (Essential)
* Ability to remain calm (Essential)
* The ability to work outside of normal working hours (Essential)
* Ability to facilitate a learning group (Essential)
* Ability to make information accessible to all demographics (Essential)
* Understanding of the sporting landscape within Wales (Desirable)
* Understanding of grassroots football (Desirable)
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
* Deadline for applications is Friday 28th April
* Applicants should send a covering letter and a current curriculum vitae detailing why they believe themselves to be a suitable candidate for the opportunity, along with evidence of previous teaching experience to Andrew.email@example.com clearly marking the subject of the email ‘FAW First Aid Award Tutor.’
* Applicants should also complete and return the FAW Equal Opportunities monitoring form and send it to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org with their applications.
* For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andrew Lewis, Level 1 Coach Education Manager on 07788 310 403 or via Andrew.email@example.com
* Interview dates and locations to be confirmed.
* The appointment of successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory professional/character references and the completion of an Enhanced DBS check.
When applying for the role, please include a completed equal opportunities form attached